Pedagogy is the practical practice of learning and knowledge, rooted in the analysis of how people learn and how this knowledge can be used to create purposeful and flexible learning processes. In addition to active learning, networked pedagogy strengthens student learning by connecting a number of nodes globally via the internet; my experience with online-based study groups has deepened my understanding and exposure to different methods of reciving information. One of the learning theories is constructivism which stresses more on the activities in the learning process. I think it works well in the online environment since students can work on the activities with feedback and reflection in real time. The presence of the instructor and the persona enacted in the online classroom must be managed in such a way that is conducive to acknowledging their essential functions of creating a learner-support community that benefits from the instructor’s characteristics, such as flexibility, understanding, and proactive communication skills. In my experience, it is still possible for an instructor to be responsive and give feedback in an asynchronous class. I think this course is an excellent example of this, as through the posted videos and material, our professor has made sure to let us know we are always welcome to reach out if we have any questions or concerns about assignments or readings. In particular, the digital environment can provide great versatility and company but, at the same time, educational difficulties, especially if online learners are not responsible for their time management. In order to contribute knowledge and ideas for the betterment of the collective, it is crucial to provide well-considered comments and frequently engage and self-engage in class activities groupwork or group discussions to help our understanding and contribution to the entire online community.

What is Pedagogy? | 4 Essential Learning Theories | Satchel